Wednesday 28 July 2010

do le RinQuinQuin









A few weeks ago we spent the weekend in the Luberon as I had a magazine article to take pictures for. One day we lunched in this superbly old school restaurant in Bonnieux. It was one of the best restuarant meals I've had for ages; especially as for research & photographic purposes, we had to sample some of the apéritifs de Provence.
It was the RinQuinQuin that totally had me. It rolls off the tongue like a cross between a Moulin Rouge show girl and a Noël Coward play. There's usually à la pêche added to the name but I prefer to call it simply le RinQuinQuin.

Hôtel Restaurant Panoramique César
Place de la Liberté,
84480, Bonnieux


15 comments:

  1. i bet the magazine was pleased with the results of your photos!
    everything looks so, so fresh; the white tones, even that fresh green salad.

    come to think of it, i don't think i've really had an apéritif before a meal.
    very snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ! Finally !!!!!!

    I did bought a bottle after our last talk about le Rinquinquin. And you know what, it was better than before !
    I dont' need to say the shots are gorgeous, do I ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...oh now i must find le Rinquinquin! must.
    and superbe photos...i love your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great detail shots! Love the cleanliness of the photos... good color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos...the light! You capture it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful, I love the color of that liquid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place, you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, oh, what a place!

    i wouldn't mind a rinquinquin too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. RinQuinQuin, it does roll right off the tongue. I like it too, the sound that is, I've never tasted the apéritif.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the middle, a real great picture, two old personns. This picture touch me. I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful shots. The espresso especially makes me long to take a trip. I've got to ask, what do you use to capture such a narrow depth of field. You have almost a tilt-shift kind of depth of field in these images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. joseph - thanks you. they were taken with my 50mm f1.4 lens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a lovely place. And I love the name!

    ReplyDelete