Monday 2 January 2012

A shaky start to 2012





I love the way Christmas is extended well into January here in France. I'm not going to be here for the galettes at epiphany this year but I am going to be enjoying the kiwi summer in New Zealand for a few weeks.

I'm flying out to visit family & friends in a few days time & will be spending time in Christchurch. This city has been through so much last year after the devastating February earthquake and the literally thousands of aftershocks throughout the rest of 2010. They had another couple of big shocks just before Christmas, resulting in a very shaky New Year. I hope that 2012 brings better times for the city.

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really hope the ground settles down for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year, mary, and safe travels home.
    such nice light, and a nice table, in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm thinking about you and hope that all is better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best for 2012
    I would love to go to New Zealand one day ... For now I have Paris, it's not that bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. merry christmas and happy new year!
    such warm photos; nice start to my freezing morning.
    christmas decorations get taken down on christmas day over here, just way to odd for me.
    enjoy your trip back home and looking forward to seeing some photos of home.
    I'm going back home next month, the countdown's on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je te souhaite une très belle année 2012 en espérant t'y rencontrer! Bon voyage chez toi!
    ah que j'aime tes photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an absolutely awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hum!!! avec des oranges confites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello mary!! i hope you're enjoying your time in new zealand!! here in spain we have these galettes as well but we call them "roscón", i love them!!! wishing you a happy new year!! besos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary - how are you enjoying shaky ChCh? If you are still looking for coffee (sorry I'm a bit slow) then you could check out the Caffeine Laboratory on Cnr Montreal and Walker St, or the pop up cafe on Colombo St in Sydenham opposite Spotlight...After the Red Verandah are also up and running, in a new building, at the old site on Worcester St. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of that cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog. For another reason to go to New Zealand look at this post on Great Barrier. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/places-in-nz-i-would-like-to-visit-part_24.html

    ReplyDelete