Tuesday 13 January 2009

taxi!







While in Hong Kong I was reminded of how much I love their city taxis. There is something about them that reminds me of those 1960s saturated colour films.
Hong Kong's taxis are so cheerful and friendly looking with their boxy shape and lettering in both chinese and english
.
The best cities have taxis that become icons - London's black cab, New York's yellow taxis.. Do you have any favourite city taxis?
I didn't take taxis growing up in New Zealand (there was no need) and so even now it's always a bit exciting to take one. For me taxis are usually associated with a special night out or visiting a new place - at any rate something a bit out of the ordinary and special.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    Hope you had a great tirp!

    Hong Kong's taxi looks really nice... very modern and clean looking.

    About the tag, please refer to the link below...
    http://natsuminishizumi.blogspot.com/2008/12/tag6things-that-make-me-simile.html

    The tag is about "6things make me smiles"
    Please do only if you have a time...

    oxox

    ReplyDelete